Stuff i’ve been doing 2005 September 29 10:57Posted by diamond in : Cycling,Random , 1 comment so far
- buying cycling gear (possibly slightly more than i intended (pants, jacket, gloves, pedals, shoes)
- setting up a request tracker for nonado (support.nonado.net + support at nonado.net)
- *mutters quietly* staying up a teeensy bit late
- performed open-heart surgery on my phone (treo 600 smartphone), which was a success. Yay!
Vague update 2005 September 28 18:42Posted by diamond in : Random , add a comment
Probably heading back to limerick on friday, my mother says she’ll drop me as far as birr and i’ll bus from there.
In other news i seem to have acquired a sinus infection. Yay for not that. Ah well.
A list of things not to do (almost-posthumously) 2005 September 25 0:48Posted by diamond in : Work , 3 comments
- Say that you can do something in 3-4 days when you haven’t done a full design.
- Work evenings and weekends for 6 weeks in a row to get stuff done because you’ve done 1.
- Write 1200 lines of python code without having pinned down before starting how it’s all going to work.
- Store results in a database without thinking about how these results are going to be used, and hence make it easy for yourself.
- Forget to add event capturing to 2 out of the 5 tests meaning the results are less useful than they could/should have been.
- Yet again promise to produce figures from results in less time than is possible
- Pass out after turning off alarm the morning after staying up stupidly late in order to get the figures done, and hence turning up for work half an hour late.
- Get dull throbbing constrictive chest pains from stress.
- Have a quasi-nervous breakdown once all the stress from the last 6 weeks has finally been removed.
- Post about it on a blog.
Last night, inspired 2005 September 23 16:46Posted by diamond in : Random , add a comment
by the craziness of niall and his blogs.nonado.net epic struggle, i decided to set myself up a personal wiki. Over the years i’ve built up a large collection of random text files in order to try and keep things organised, and i reckon it’s now about time to switch over to a wiki. How this works out remains to be seen ,-) It’s unlikely to be of interest to anyone else, except as an experiment in attempted order in an inherently unordered brain. Here’s to brain stack corruption!Uncategorized , 2 comments
Welcome to blogs.nonado.net. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!