Variety 2006 May 5 18:45Posted by diamond in : Work , add a comment
I’m going to try and list some of the various things i’ve worked on here in the idc.
- Wrote a serial driver for a touchpad in windows
- Wrote the framework of a softbutton solution using said touchpad
- Wrote an application for palmos to interface over bluetooth to a compass + gyroscope chip
- Designed, wrote and ran a set of experiments to evaluate a new type of scrolling mechanism in mice
- Wrote a daemon for linux to monitor the insertion/removal of mass-storage devices
- Re-wrote said daemon for osx
- Wrote a fastcgi daemon to handle copying/scaling/thumbnailing/browsing images on demand via a web interface
- Wrote a library for osx to handle reading data from wireless sensors for tracking a dancer
- Ported said library to windows and linux
- Wrote a network version of othello/reversi to run on linux and windows
Projects in the near future:
- Write an interface library so we can bypass the crappy software that came with a set of electronic drums
- Tune the code on the microcontrollers that are the heart of the wireless sensor project above
The sheer scope of things here that i get asked to work on never ceases to amaze me. In many ways it’s one of those dream jobs for someone who wants to get their hands dirty in, well, everything computery -) I don’t think it’s something i’d choose to do longterm, it can be exhausting to try and keep up with all that’s going on, but i’m very glad that i do get to do what i do for now.